Last updated on July 11th, 2021 at 01:44 pm
Those looking for an alternative to standard therapy often start their search looking for “holistic therapy near me“. Fortunately, thanks to advancements in telehealth, you are no longer limited to only holistic psychotherapy near you. You can now find some of the best holistic therapists online.
Holistic psychotherapy looks at the connection between spirit, body, and mind, and attempts to address and understand how problems in one area can cause problems or concerns in another area. Holistic therapy is grounded in psychosynthesis.
How To Find The Best Holistic Therapy Near Me Or Online
If you pursue individual or holistic couples therapy near you or online, with the help and support of the best holistic psychotherapist, you can become better in tune with your entire awareness, which in turn can lead to greater acceptance of the self.
The best way to find holistic psychotherapy near you or online is to click the orange button below, then complete the brief questionnaire. You will then be matched with a holistic therapist from BetterHelp that is both licensed and takes a holistic approach to therapy. I recommend BetterHelp to all of my clients, especially if this is their first time talking to a therapist.We may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.
What To Expect From A Holistic Therapist Near You Or Online
Non-traditional or alternative therapies are centered on various traditions that focus on different levels of mind-body-spirit healing. Alternative holistic therapies may involve energy work, facets from various traditions of ancient healing, in addition to transpersonal psychology. These alternative therapies each have a strong spiritual aspect, which takes advantage of different levels of spiritual awareness and consciousness.
Here are some examples of holistic spiritual counseling:
- Guided imagery therapy – This form of alternative therapy is widely used to create meaningful changes in a person’s overall health by actively conceiving images of well-being. When done properly, it is effective at reducing the effects of certain emotional and medical conditions.
- Hypnosis – Most people are familiar with hypnosis. This treatment intervention induces the patient into a deeply relaxed state. The therapist then presents post-hypnotic suggestions for relief from symptoms. A hypnotic trance is a naturally occurring state, so just about anyone can be hypnotized. To be effective, only a light to medium state of hypnotic trance is required.
- Breath therapy – This type of holistic spiritual counseling is a natural and ancient healing method that implements high vibrational energy in order to reduce stored negative emotions and past trauma that may lead to distress or disease. This alternative therapy enables the client to re-introduce breathing as a means to heal and restore the body, mind, and spirit.
- Regression therapy or Heart-centered Hypnotherapy – Regression therapy is a type of psychotherapy during which the client is placed in an altered, hypnotic state of consciousness allowing the therapist to re-frame or re-work unhealthy behaviors. Regression therapy can enable deep healing to occur because of the emotional or energetic release and the higher level of insight and awareness that can be achieved.
While some patients may achieve desired outcomes by using only one form of alternative therapy, in my experience, a combination of the above holistic therapies typically gives the best results.
You can also try out these 51 ways to occupy your mind.
What If I Can’t Afford A Holistic Therapist Near Me?
I understand that times are tough, that money is always is a concern, and that you may feel that you cannot afford a holistic therapist near you. I have found that there are almost always options for therapy, even for those struggling financially.
Here are some tips to find an affordable holistic therapist:
- Seek help from an online holistic therapist. Most online holistic psychotherapists charge less for virtual sessions than in-person sessions. This another benefit of online holistic trauma therapy.
- Once you have connected with a holistic counselor, ask them if they work on a sliding scale. Many are willing to charge you lower fees based on your income.
- Speak with your insurance company to find a holistic therapist that takes your insurance. That way you only need to worry about your co-pay and deductible.
If you follow my advice, you should be able to find affordable holistic psychotherapy near you or online. Click the button below and fill out the brief questionnaire to get started now.We may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.