Last updated on July 16th, 2021 at 02:00 pm
Welcome to the best online Adult and Childhood Emotional Trauma Quiz. This quiz, while helpful, should not be interpreted as a diagnostic tool. I have compiled the questions in this quiz based upon my years of research and experience. The objective of the quiz is to assist you in articulating your past and present experiences. Most importantly, it can aid you in figuring out if working with a licensed psychologist could enable you to reclaim your best life.
Adult & Childhood Emotional Trauma Quiz Introduction
Do you ever find yourself asking, “Do I have repressed memories?” Have you ever experienced a life-threatening event or situation? Maybe you are one of the millions of people who have survived a car accident, an assault, a shooting or bombing, military combat, or another near-fatal experience that rattled your sense of security. Perhaps, unfortunately, you suffered through prolonged neglect or abuse, either as an adult or child, and today you have foggy, difficult memories that are interfering with your daily life. Maybe you heard about or witnessed a disturbing event, and now you can’t get it out of your head.
Trauma happens to many people in many different ways. Dangerous, deeply disturbing events can leave an enduring impact on physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. Based on my experience, I know that even if months or years have gone by, you may still be dealing with an ongoing sense of shame, unease, or fear. If you don’t fully remember what transpired, you could be left wondering why you feel so overwhelmed. You might feel like you are going insane, or that you cannot “get over” what happened. Possibly you are afraid that you are broken or flawed in some way.
If you feel like you are suffering from emotional trauma, there is no reason to try to deal with those feelings by yourself. Getting help from a licensed counselor is the best thing that you can do for yourself. The negative feelings that you are experiencing aren’t likely to go away by themselves.We may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.
In an effort to seek relief from traumatic memories and re-establish a sense of stability and safety, you need to first look at the life events, thoughts, and emotions that you are experiencing. The emotional trauma quiz that we present below can help you identify concerning signs and symptoms and to understand that your emotions and feelings are valid. I have used this quiz with many clients over the years to at least find solace.
Adult & Childhood Emotional Trauma Quiz
Oftentimes, unresolved trauma can lead to mental health problems that require professional treatment, including PTSD. Developing a disorder such as this is not a sign of weakness. Rather, most people simply need help to begin their healing journey.
The questions below address frequent symptoms and signs of trauma-related stress disorders. Each person’s experience with traumatic events is different, but this adult and childhood trauma quiz will help you to better understand your unique difficulties. It will also help you to answer the question, “Do I have repressed memories?”
The following emotional trauma quiz highlights some symptoms that are often associated with trauma-related disorders. Simply read each question and answer yes or no.
- Have you ever been in a combat zone?
- Have you been physically or sexually assaulted?
- Have you gone through a situation where you were threatened with serious injury or death, or actually were seriously injured?
- Have you lived through an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or another natural disaster?
- Have you been in a situation where somebody else was threatened with serious injury or death, or actually was killed or seriously injured?
- Have you been consistently psychologically and emotionally bullied, harassed, or invalidated?If you answered yes to any one of the questions above, do you:
- Evade talking or thinking about the event?
- Think about the event, even though you don’t want to?
- Feel that you are easily anxious or startled?
- Feel numb or detached mentally or emotionally?
- Often act angry or irritably?
- Avert being in situations or going to places that remind you of the event?
- Have worrisome thoughts about being harmed?
- Feel guilt or shame about any problems caused by the event or about the event itself?
- Have trouble sleeping, including having nightmares about the event?
Emotional Trauma Quiz Evaluation
From my observations, most people will be affected by a traumatic event for weeks or even months. However, when the symptoms and signs, such as those in the above emotional trauma quiz, last more than a few months, then it may be time to seek help. You could be suffering from PTSD which can negatively impact your job, home life, or relationships.
Check out our other post for tips on how to cope when emotional pain is too much.
You can fully recover from PTSD or other related disorders. If you or someone you love is concerned after taking our quiz, contact a licensed therapist for an emotional trauma quiz evaluation. Simply click the orange “Take the quiz” button below to get connected with a qualified mental health professional who can help. Alternatively, learn how to find the best holistic therapist near you or the best childhood trauma therapist near you or online.
We may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.